Pages

Thursday 13 August 2015

Remember Poetry About Camp

That Was Camp.

Remember when I did Waka Ama and almost fell of the boat but then the paddle saved me?
Remember when I hit the blue bit of the board and got 20 points it felt amazing just to hit the board and get some awesome points?
That was Camp

Remember when my group had one of the tightest knots on a raft and it never fell apart.?
Remember how I was really terrified to climb down the giants ladder. But I manned up and went down anyways but I felt something cold go down my spine?
That was camp.

Remember how cool it was to catch a big wave with Dave and Harry while surf kayaking?
Do you remember how awesome it was to get the opportunity to go to camp?
That was Camp

This is my remember poem about camp. For this writing activity we were giving a template to write on. The first thing we had to do was brainstorm. I didn't brainstorm because I went to a student conference. Once we finished brainstorming we came up with a success criteria. After that we started to write our poem. Then we self and peer assessed. Then once we completed every single piece of our success criteria 
 we post on our blog. By the way here is a collage of camp photos that you can look at.




1 comment:

  1. Hi Simeon,
    Wow I can imagine what it will feel like when the Waka Ama fell on you but the paddle saved your life.
    Your team must be strong tying those knots because you said it is really tight and it can float.
    Can you imagine me drowning under a kayak because I have been through those experience once at camp?
    If you want to see more and hear more go to:
    http://hpsmaryl.blogspot.co.nz/

    From
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.